BLACK PANTHER Movie Review
Black Panther is the 18th installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is already one of the best MCU movies to date. With an amazing cast, spectacular visuals and interesting plot Black Panther comes together as an overall great superhero movie and action movie alike.
- T’Challa aka Black Panther played by Chadwick Boseman (Hero)
- Erik Killmonger played by Michael B. Jordan (Villain)
- Nakia played by Lupita Nyong’o (Royal Guard/Warrior)
- Shuri played by Letitia Wright
- Everett K. Ross played by Martin Freeman
Setting: Wakanda, secretive African nation (Primary) | Oakland & South Korea (Secondary)
- Takes place after the events of Captain America: Civil War. T’Challa returns to Wakanda to be crowned king and served as the technologically advanced nations new leader.
- However, T’Challa’s throne is challenged by Erik Killmonger, who was a childhood victim of a past mistake made by T’Challa’s father.
- Killmonger conspires to take over and destroy everything Wakanda has stood for. T’Challa aka Black Panther must join forces with Everett K. Ross and the Dora Milaje, Wakandan royal guard, to prevent Wakanda from sparking a possible world war.
IMDB Rating: 7.8/10
Rotten Tomatoes Score: Critics - 97% Tomatometer | Average Rating - 8.2/10
Audiences - 79% Tomatometer | Average Rating - 8.2/10*
Metacritic Score: 88
- 2 Thumbs Up: Great addition to the MCU and further introduction of the Black Panther character. Wakanda was amusing and intriguing and makes you want to explore it further in more MCU movies (i.e. Infinity War & Black Panther sequels).
What I Liked/Enjoyed:
- Wakanda, amazing technology and interesting world that we got the tip of the iceberg of.
- Black Panther aka Chadwick Boseman does an excellent job of portraying the conflicts of a newly crowned king and the growth a person must go through in order to lead.
- Pacing, Black Panther kept you glued to the screen the entire time and never felt like it dragged nor was never boring just always kept you wondering what’s going to happen next.
What I Disliked/Didn’t Enjoy:
- I really enjoyed this movie but one thing I didn't like was how brief the explanation of Wakanda's history was. I was extremely captivated by the world of Wakanda and would have love a slightly extended look into how Wakanda evolved into the advanced nation we're introduced to in Black Panther
My Favourite Part:
- Wakanda, discovering and beginning to explore another corner of the MCU multi-universe. from the technology to different Wakandan tribes, I absolutely loved everything about the nation of Wakanda and can not wait to explore it further in Infinity War and future Black Panther sequels.
Recommendation: Do I? If so, to whom?
- I would recommend this movie! It’s not only a great superhero movie but also a great action movie in general. I would highly recommend it to anyone who’s new to the MCU or superhero movie fans in general.