A QUIET PLACE Movie Review
A Quiet Place is a suspense-filled thriller following a family trying to survive in a world of creatures that hunt down any noise. This movie easily brings you into the world of the film with dynamic and well-drawn characters and well-written plot.
- Lee Abbott played by John Krasinski
- Evelyn Abbott played by Emily Blunt
- Regan Abbott played by Millicent Simmonds
- Marcus Abbott played by Noah Jupe
Setting: Year 2020 | Small Farm Town USA
- Two parents do what it takes to keep their children and soon to be newborn safe in a world full of creatures hunting every sound they can hear.
- Not a sound can be heard from the family hiding in silence, but all it takes is one noise and everything can go wrong.
IMDB Rating: 8.1/10
Rotten Tomatoes Score: Critics; 95% Tomatometer | Average Rating - 8.2/10
Audiences; 85% Tomatometer | Average Rating - 8.4/10*
Metacritic Score: 82
- 2 Thumbs Up; intense, suspenseful thrill ride of a movie with an interesting & unique story premise. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.
What I Liked/Enjoyed:
- Silence – this movie is about being quiet to survive and the way the movie is able to utilize every tiny noise into telling the story of this family unable to make any noises. It created a sense of suspense and easy jump scares but not overly so.
- Characters/Acting – for a movie with almost zero spoken dialogue, this movie was able to show you who each character was and their unique personalities and ways of dealing with their situation. The actors did an amazing job of utilizing body language and facial expressions to convey what they needed to, along with the assistance of American Sign Language.
What I Disliked/Didn’t Enjoy:
- Not enough background story – this movie is about this family surviving this ordeal which is why this is a very small complaint and more about my curiosity than the movie itself. I just would’ve like more information about these creatures and where they came from. But this is also a credit to the movie in it created a world I’m interested in learning more about.
My Favourite Part:
- Opening scene – I really loved the way this movie started, no telling all showing immediately establishing the rules/premise of the movie. Also, they went a direction I didn’t expect within the first five minutes which is always a sure-fire way to keep me glued to the edge of my seat the entire movie.
Recommendation: Do I? If so, to whom?
- YES!! I would highly recommend this movie because it was such a fresh new suspense-thriller with the perfect balance of horror, action and drama. I would say almost anyone could enjoy this film except younger children who would probably get a little bore of all the quiet. I also wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who’s a chatty-Cathy at the cinema because that defeats the purpose and enjoyment of this film.